INSTITUTIONAL INFORMATION FOR THE MINISTRY OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT AND LAND
The MDRyT is the public institution under the Executive Branch of the Plurinational State of Bolivia, in charge of defining and implementing policies to promote, facilitate, regulate and articulate the integral rural development of agriculture, forestry, aquaculture and coca in a sustainable manner, leading the country into a new structure of ownership and access to land and forests, generating dignified employment for the benefit of farmers, communities and economic organizations, indigenous and business sector, under the principles of quality, equity, inclusion, transparency, reciprocity and cultural identity , In search of food security, to live well.
The MDRyT is the public institution recognized as the leader of a Sector that has achieved agricultural development with food security, in an integral and sustainable way, generating products with quality and added value. For this purpose, it relies on competent, committed personnel and their solidary in working for farmers, communities and economic organizations and the indigenous and business sector.
INSTITUTIONAL STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES
- Consolidate the processes of ownership, access, distribution, redistribution of land and community self-management of territory within the framework of the Sector Development Plan and the National Development Plan.
- Promote Food Sovereignty and Rural Agricultural Development in an integral and sustainable way, in favor of rural producers, indigenous communities and peoples.
- Promote integral development with coca and the revaluation of the coca leaf, within the framework of social agreement.
- Ensure the allocation of sufficient financial resources for the MRDyT to achieve impactful results MDRIs’ by ensuring food sovereignty.
- Promote spaces for concentration and public and private coordination with entities at national, departmental, municipal level and with productive, social organizations linked to agricultural and rural development.
- Strengthen the management and institutional capacity of the MDRyT to achieve the objectives.